I wanted to make a cake for my husband’s birthday. I was searching for a simple cake recipe and I got this yummy cake recipe from my friend Sajana. I tried this chocolate cake and it came out well. Here is the recipe for an easy and delicious dessert.
Preparation time : 45 minutes
- Sugar — 2 cups
- All purpose flour — 1 3/4 cup
- Cocoa — 3/4 cup
- Baking powder — 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda — 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt — 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips — 1/2 cup
- Cashews broken — 1/2 cup
- Eggs — 2
- Milk — 1 cup
- Oil — 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract — 2 tsp
- Water — 1 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all the ingredients 1 in a wide vessel.
- Beat the eggs and add all other ingredients 2 and mix well.
- Add the above 2 and mix them well without any lumps.
- Take an oven safe vessel and spread some butter to avoid sticking of the cake.
- Transfer the mixture to this container.
- Keep the mixture in the oven at 375F.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- The vessel’s height should be twice the quantity of the mixture.
- Add only half the quantity of cahews and chocolate chips and add the remaining after pouring the mixture in the baking tray. Else everything will settle down.
© arthi for Spicy Tasty, 2010. |
No comment |
No tag for this post.
Feed enhanced by Better Feed from Ozh
Filed Under: mixed cuisine
About the Author: